There's no denying that content marketing, which has gained significant traction over the last five years, is becoming increasingly important to businesses across all industries.
Marketers have found that investing in owned media (e.g., corporate website, blog, or microsite) is crucial to a company's long-term success in content marketing.
One type of owned media—the blog—is among the top 5 content marketing tactics used by B2B marketers, according to a recent study by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
But what does it take to launch and sustain a successful business blog?
At Curata, we conducted a survey of 428 marketers to answer that question. Our analysis focused on the best-practices and tactics of bloggers with 10,000+ month visitors, identified as the "10K Club."
Careful assessment of that group—including interviews and survey data analysis—revealed that the following six attributes have been crucial to the success of the 10K Club.
1. Gain executive support and investment
It is critical that a company's CMO recognize the importance of content marketing to drive pipeline growth.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 10 Effective Tactics for Promoting Your Content
- Why Podcasts? Why Now? How to Leverage the Power of Podcasts for Your Brand
- How Much Does a Video Cost to Produce? [Infographic]
- How to Align Sales and Content Marketing Teams
- Content Marketing Has Become Risky Business: How to Win in a Data-Driven World