There's no denying that content marketing, which has gained significant traction over the last five years, is becoming increasingly important to businesses across all industries.
Marketers have found that investing in owned media (e.g., corporate website, blog, or microsite) is crucial to a company's long-term success in content marketing.
One type of owned media—the blog—is among the top 5 content marketing tactics used by B2B marketers, according to a recent study by MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute.
But what does it take to launch and sustain a successful business blog?
At Curata, we conducted a survey of 428 marketers to answer that question. Our analysis focused on the best-practices and tactics of bloggers with 10,000+ month visitors, identified as the "10K Club."
Careful assessment of that group—including interviews and survey data analysis—revealed that the following six attributes have been crucial to the success of the 10K Club.
1. Gain executive support and investment
It is critical that a company's CMO recognize the importance of content marketing to drive pipeline growth.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Cure for Crummy Copy: Laura Belgray of Talking Shrimp on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Win at Content Marketing to Generation Z
- How to Create the Right Amount of the Right Type of Content
- Storytelling, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience... and You: Contently's Joe Lazauskas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Perfect Pitch Is Possible With Presentation Management