Company: Intuit, Inc.
Contact: Gretchen Harding, senior marketing manager at Intuit
Location: Mountain View, CA
Industry: Software (Accounting), B2B
Annual revenue: $2,670,000,000
Number of employees: 8200
Inspired by the popularity and viral success of Office Max's "Elf Yourself" campaign, Intuit, the maker of QuickBooks, recently set out to determine whether a similar strategy might enhance its marketing efforts and creatively engage small-business customers.
Together with interactive agency EVB, the company developed "The Jingle Generator" to assist users in creating customized business jingles, which can then be forwarded to customers/colleagues and downloaded for future use.
Throughout the program, users are encouraged to learn more about the company's QuickBooks product and download a free version of the software in exchange for accepting communications from the Intuit sales team.
To date, more than 25,000 jingles have been created, and the company has exceeded its targeted metrics for usage and free software downloads (i.e., leads), earning viral a secure spot in the company's overall marketing mix.
Intuit Inc. is a provider of business and financial management solutions, including QuickBooks software products.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Join the Marketing Rebellion or Get Left Behind: Author Mark Schaefer on Marketing Smarts
- Word-of-Mouth: Why Chatter Matters for Your Brand [Infographic]
- Give Them Something to Talk About: 'Talk Triggers' Authors Jay Baer and Daniel Lemin on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Five Top Trends That Will Shape Influencer Marketing in 2018
- How to Harness the 'Testimonial Economy' in Your Marketing Strategy