No matter how many emails you send, how many Facebook ads you post, how high you rank in Google search results—all those marketing tactics pale in success when compared with word-of-mouth marketing.
Word-of-mouth is effective in most industries. The graphic points out that half of all Americans rely on recommendations for restaurants, and they are 331% more likely to rely on word-of-mouth recommendations when planning a wedding than they are traditional advertising methods.
Word-of-mouth impacts voting turnout, shopping habits, lifestyle choices, and more.
You can find the full 2018 Chatter Matters report here, or see the infographic with highlights from the report below. Just tap or click to see a larger version.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas
- Four Marketing Approaches That Differentiate Successful B2B Brands
- Marketing Experts Reflect on Their 2020 Predictions [Infographic]
- Close the Marketing Performance Gap: How to Start Delivering on the Most Important Metrics
- Economic Uncertainty Is Resurrecting the CMO Role