Company: Cartridge World
Contact: Sharon Kinkade, Cartridge World's Director of Marketing
Location: Emeryville, CA
Industry: Office Supplies
Annual revenue: $185,000,000
Number of employees: 45
Since entering the US market in 2005, global ink and toner supplier Cartridge World has expanded its presence to 650 franchisee-owned stores nationally. The company's US-based corporate support systems, however, did not keep pace with that growth, and many franchisees were left to their own devices to develop marketing materials for their stores.
Along with the resulting hardship for franchisees—largely small-business owners—the company's overall brand consistency was degraded.
So, together with Kansas City-based Saepio Technologies, the company created a centralized marketing resource center that provided franchisees easy access to customizable templates, logos, and marketing collateral that complied with the company's branding standards, creating a win-win situation for the corporation and its franchisee base.
Cartridge World is a global supplier of printer cartridge and inkjet refills with over 1,600 stores in 61 countries. Founded in Australia, the company entered the US market in 2005 and has since grown to 650 franchisee-owned stores nationally.
A lean team of four makes up the company's US-based corporate marketing team, which in 2007 carried the heavy burden of fielding ad hoc requests from all 650 franchisees in addition to its regular corporate responsibilities.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- When (and How) to Use Marketing Automation: Katie Robbert on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Data Troubles: What If You're Trying, But You Still Don't Know Much About Your Customers
- Six Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing Agency
- How to Ensure a Sound RFP Bid: Six Best-Practices to Achieve Success
- The Five Most Effective Applications of AI for Marketing: Christopher S. Penn on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]