Contact: David Hauser, Cofounder and Chief Technology Officer; Siamak Taghaddos, Cofounder and Chief Executive Officer
Location: Needham, MA
Industry: Telecommunications, B2B
Annual revenue: Confidential
Number of employees: 45
Few entrepreneurs have made it big by playing it safe. It's practically the mantra of the breed: You take risks, you deal with surprises, you believe in yourself, and you become an inspiration to others when you succeed.
For a company dedicated to serving startups and small businesses, how better to generate awareness and customer connections than to create a campaign that effectively encapsulates those elements?
That idea became the inspiration behind Grasshopper.com's (formerly GotVMail Communications) rebranding campaign, which began in May of this year. It banked on unexpected deliveries of chocolate-covered grasshoppers and links to a barely branded video—a risky endeavor, indeed, but one that quickly paid off, generating more buzz in one month than the company had achieved during its entire six-year stint as GotVMail Communications.
GotVMail Communications was founded in 2003 as a virtual business-phone solution designed to help small businesses maintain the appearance of larger organizations.
Come 2009, company founders Siamak Taghaddos and David Hauser realized the need to rework their own company's image with a rebranding that would epitomize the company's advanced services and expound its dedication to entrepreneurs.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)
- Millennials and Gen Z Are Using Social Media Less: Here's How to Earn Their Attention and Loyalty Now
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns