Americans conducted more than 13.9 billion core searches in August 2009, with Google Sites accounting for 64.6% of search market share, according to recent research released by comScore. Microsoft Sites grabbed a 9.3% market share, a 0.4 percentage point gain compared with July.
Google Still the Leader
Google Sites' market share of search engine activity dropped very slightly in August, down 0.1 percentage points compared with July. But it is still very much the leader in this space: It handled 64.6% of all US searches, with Yahoo! Sites the closest competitor at 19.3% of search market share:
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try
- Image SEO: A Step-by-Step Guide for Ranking in Search Engines [Infographic]
- Influencers, SEO, and Getting More Done Than Seems Humanly Possible: Andy Crestodina on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Underrated But Effective Link-Building Tactics for SEO [Infographic]