Annual global advertising expenditure will have declined 10.2% by the end of 2009––the worst annual drop in modern times––but is forecast to stabilize and grow 0.9% in 2010, according to (pdf) projections by ZenithOptimedia.
Despite overall market weakness, Internet advertising is forecast to outperform traditional media this year with 9.5% annual growth, followed by 12% in 2010, Zenith said.
The course of market recovery is expected to follow that of the previous two economic recessions and strengthen steadily as corporate and consumer confidence improves, with 3.9% annual growth in 2011, followed by 4.8% in 2012.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search
- Innovative Business Models for Digital Media