Annual global advertising expenditure will have declined 10.2% by the end of 2009––the worst annual drop in modern times––but is forecast to stabilize and grow 0.9% in 2010, according to (pdf) projections by ZenithOptimedia.
Despite overall market weakness, Internet advertising is forecast to outperform traditional media this year with 9.5% annual growth, followed by 12% in 2010, Zenith said.
The course of market recovery is expected to follow that of the previous two economic recessions and strengthen steadily as corporate and consumer confidence improves, with 3.9% annual growth in 2011, followed by 4.8% in 2012.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most (And Least) Effective PPC Channels
- Five Tips on How to Use Influencer Content in Paid Media [Infographic]
- Programmatic Media Buying: A Marketer's Guide
- What Shoppers Want: Customization, Coupons, Digital [Infographic]
- The Google Display Network: Stats and Insights for Advertisers [Infographic]