Behaviorally targeted (BT) advertising generated on average 2.68 times the revenue per ad as non-targeted run-of-network (RON) advertising in 2009, while average CPMs for behaviorally targeted advertising were over twice (2.08 times) the average of RON CPMs, according to the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI).
Retargeting ads generated on average 1.88 times the revenue RON ads throughout the year, while average CPMs for retargeting ads were approximately twice those of RON ads.
Below, other findings from the NAI-commissioned study, The Value of Behavioral Targeting, based on proprietary data from 12 major advertising networks and conducted by economist Howard Beales.
Value of Ad Types by Vertical
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Global Ad Spend Trends: Forecasts by Medium and Country
- Optimize Display Ads With Consumer Insights: Stats and Best-Practices [Infographic]
- LinkedIn Ads, the B2B Marketer's Secret Weapon: AJ Wilcox on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Is the Fight Against Bot Ad Fraud Succeeding?
- Top 4 Reasons SMBs Should Use Paid Search