Personalized email campaigns that acknowledge recipients' birthdays or anniversaries are more successful at engaging their target audiences, generating higher open rates, transaction levels, and revenue, according to research by Experian CheetahMail.
Among email campaigns studied, open rates for birthday mailings were over three times higher than for mass-promotion mailings sent to the same clients: 56.2% vs. 16.8%. Open rates for anniversary campaigns were nearly three times as high: 34.4% vs. 12.9%.
Moreover, transaction rates for birthday campaigns were nearly five times higher than standard bulk campaigns: 0.49% vs. 0.10%. Transaction rates for anniversary campaigns were nearly six times higher: 0.63% vs. 0.11%.
Birthday and anniversary campaigns' revenue per email also soared well above bulk rates:
- Anniversary emails generated nearly seven times more revenue, on average, than bulk mailings to the same clients: $0.66 vs. $0.10 per email.
- Birthday emails generated over twice the revenue of bulk mailings to the same clients: $0.51 vs. $0.20 per email.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What You Should Know About Your Audience Before Creating the Perfect Email Workflow
- How Long Does It Take to Produce a Marketing Email?
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know