The job outlook for unemployed direct marketers has deteriorated sharply: The median length of unemployment among those actively seeking work is now 12.0 months, compared with 6.5 months reported a year earlier, according to a new survey from Bernhart Associates Executive Search, LLC.
Among surveyed unemployed marketing jobseekers* actively looking for full-time work, fully two-thirds (67%) say they have been searching for a marketing job for over seven months, whereas just 21% have been looking for one to three months.
Moreover, nearly one-third of unemployed marketers say they have been looking for a full-time marketing role for over 18 months.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How Marketers Can Be Strategic Influencers, and Why Their Input Is Key for Companies [Infographic]
- 2019 Salary Guide: Pay Forecasts for Marketing, Advertising, and PR Positions
- How a Clean Office Can Boost Your Productivity [Infographic]
- Seven Key Traits of Desirable Marketing Talent
- Are You a Marketing Standout or Strikeout? Nine Tips to Help You Stand Out