The job outlook for unemployed direct marketers has deteriorated sharply: The median length of unemployment among those actively seeking work is now 12.0 months, compared with 6.5 months reported a year earlier, according to a new survey from Bernhart Associates Executive Search, LLC.
Among surveyed unemployed marketing jobseekers* actively looking for full-time work, fully two-thirds (67%) say they have been searching for a marketing job for over seven months, whereas just 21% have been looking for one to three months.
Moreover, nearly one-third of unemployed marketers say they have been looking for a full-time marketing role for over 18 months.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Ways to Prepare for the Future of Marketing and Your Future as a Marketer
- Caught Between Technology and Creativity: Can Marketers Strike a Balance?
- Fulfilled Marketers: Matt Snodgrass Talks With Marketing Smarts About What Makes Marketers Happy [Podcast]
- Five Marketing Tips Worth Stealing From Small-Company Marketers
- 28 of the Best Productivity Hacks for 2019 (And Beyond)