When searching for products and services online, appearance matters: 48% of search engine users say they are more likely to click on a search result if it includes an image and 53% are more likely to click if a company name or brand appears multiple times on the search engine results page, according to a survey from Performics.
Still, 88% of surveyed search engine users say they're more likely to click on a result that contains the exact words or phrases they've searched for; 26% are more likely to click on a result that contains a video.
Such searchers say they are most influenced by a search result's description (75%), followed by the title (73%) and URL (60%).
Search engine users are persistent. If at first they don't succeed, they try a different approach:
- 89% modify their search keyword terms and try again.
- 89% try a different search engine.
- 79% scroll through multiple search results pages if necessary.
- 19% abandon their online search effort—and take it offline.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts