Spending on custom content published via digital channels—such as video, mobile, and Web—reached an all-time high of $12.5 billion in 2010, up from $12.1 billion in 2009, according to a new study by the Custom Content Council (CCC) and ContentWise.
Moreover, custom content* delivered via digital channels accounts for a growing share of total content publishing—some 31.2% of total production and distribution spending in 2010, up 5.6 percentage points from 25.6% in 2009.
Print production and distribution together constituted $24 billion in total spending in 2010, while some $3.6 billion was spent on other forms of content.
Overall, content marketing accounted for 29% of marketing, advertising, and communications budget budgets in 2010, down from 32% in 2009.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- B2B Video Content: Top Goals, Formats, Channels, and Challenges
- 2020 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends: A First Look at New Research
- How This Fitness Expert Grew Her YouTube Subscriber Count 10X in 3 Years: Lucy Wyndham Read on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Seven Tips for Building a Video Marketing Campaign
- How to Use Live Video to Market Your Business [Infographic]