Email open rates continued to languish in 2010, though performance levels varied dramatically by industry, whereas click rates improved during the year, according to a report by MailerMailer, which also found that most people tend to open email between seven and ten in the morning.
The average overall unique open rate* at the end of 2010 was 11.4%, up 0.2 percentage points from 11.2% a year earlier.
Though factors such as image blocking, rising use of smart phones, and list fatigue are often cited for open rate decline, another element influencing open rates is the increasingly large volume of emails that subscribers regularly receive, according to the report.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends
- The 10 Most Mentioned Features in Email Software Reviews
- Email, Content, and SEO: A Marketing Tag-Team for 2019 and Beyond