Email Marketing: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
119 Facts About Email Marketing [Infographic]Laura ForerWhy is email such a successful marketing channel? It's widespread, measurable, and easy to customize. Find out more about this ubiquitous channel with these stats, fun facts, and case studies.
The Indispensable Welcome Email [Infographic]Laura ForerKnock, knock. Who's there? New subscribers. And it's time to welcome them to your brand. This infographic shares ideas for welcome series and tips for making those first emails impactful.
Boost Your Email ROI by Improving Your Copy's ReadabilityTrisha RandolphAs an email marketer, you test subject lines and calls to action for optimal performance, but are you submitting your copy to the ultimate test? If you're not testing it ...
Are Americans Ever Free From Work Email? [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiMost Americans are dealing with work emails after office hours, including checking their inboxes on weekends and while on vacation, according to recent research from Reachmail.
Eight Steps to Leave Blast Emails Behind and Launch Intelligent Communications InsteadPini YakuelLearn how we marketers can graduate from the tried-and-true daily blast email to take a more personalized, targeted approach—and why it is so critical to our businesses that we do ...
What Influences Consumers to Purchase From Marketing Emails?Ayaz NanjiConsumers say they are most influenced to make purchases from marketing emails by sales/discounts and brand reputation, according to recent research from Yes Lifecycle Marketing.
10 Things You Can Do With an Explainer Video (And Why You Should Do Them) [Infographic]Laura ForerMarketers know that video can be an effective medium, but figuring out the best way to use videos can be a challenge. Today's infographic shows how to use explainer videos ...
Five Tips for Building Better Loyalty EmailsVivek SharmaEmail is a highly effective channel for delivering loyalty program content and experiences that get your first-time shoppers to stick around—and drive up your customer lifetime value.
Which Digital Channels Deliver the Best ROI?Ayaz NanjiMarketers rank email and social media as the top two digital channels for delivering an excellent return on investment (ROI), according to recent research from GetResponse.
Convert More Leads Into Sales With These Five Email Follow-Up CampaignsNathaniel CheungMarketers know they should be following up leads with an email autoresponder sequence. But many don't know what to write, and so never get around to creating follow-up emails. Use ...
Email Marketing: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Combat Email-Induced Insanity: SaneBox's Dmitri Leonov on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSaneBox COO Dmitri Leonov discusses email overload and offers suggestions for marketers hoping to keep their emails from being funneled into the "Later" folder.
The Digital Crown: Author Ahava Leibtag Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneContent strategy expert and author Ahava Leibtag shares practical tips for helping your organization develop a content marketing strategy.
The Tension Between Marketing and Sales Exposed! Silverpop's Ellen Valentine on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantEllen Valentine, product evangelist at Silverpop and my guest this week on Marketing Smarts, has an interesting perspective on the perennial tension between Marketing and Sales: Technology is to blame! And it's likely the solution, too...
Achieving True Sales and Marketing Alignment: Constant Contact's Rick Jensen on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantRick Jensen heads up both sales and marketing at Constant Contact, which is an interesting predicament to be in, considering the evolving relationship between Marketing and Sales. I thought he might have something interesting to say about the subject. I ...
Email Marketing for Rebels: DJ Waldow and Jason Falls on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantAll rumors to the contrary, email marketing is not dead or dying. In fact, email is thriving, according to DJ Waldow and his co-conspirator Jason Falls, co-authors of the forthcoming book, The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing, which explodes many ...
Email Marketing: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- Five Must-Haves for an Effective Email CampaignBroadcast on 7/11/2017 with Rachel Rosin, Caitlin FlaskJoin us for this free seminar to learn how to build effective email campaigns that connect with your audience. Sponsored by Act-On
- Hello, It's Me... The Adele Guide to Doing EmailBroadcast on 4/20/2017 with Michael BarberIn this Teach Me How seminar, you'll learn which email engagement tactics and best practices will ensure your emails stand out, get opened, and generate the ROI you seek. You'll leave with resources upon resources to help you develop awesome emails that Adele would open and approve!
- MarketingProfs University: On the Edge of Email—Top Trends and PersonalizationBroadcast on 12/1/2016 with Reed PankratzIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn what email best practices and top trends are being used by savvy digital marketers to drive open and read rates, as well as increase relevancy. You'll leave with tools you can apply to your own email marketing, including personalization, to grow engagements and conversions beyond the inbox.
- MarketingProfs Makeover: Email Copy That ConvertsBroadcast on 10/27/2016 with Joanna WiebeIn this PRO seminar, we'll show you how to write email copy that converts. Joanna Wiebe will review PRO member-submitted emails and show you how to blend the art of creative copy with the science of conversion optimization to generate more revenue and profit for your business. You'll leave with the tools to convert more subscribers into fans, more fans into customers, and more customers into happy referrers.
- Email Design for Non-DesignersBroadcast on 3/24/2016 with Justine JordanIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the basic design process. We'll explore design principles such as the use of white space, content hierarchy, color, images, and more. You'll discover how any marketer—no matter what skill level—can use this foundation to create effective communications and improve the performance of their email marketing programs.
- Eight Easy Ways to Amp Up Your Email List GrowthBroadcast on 12/10/2015 with Austin BlissIn this PRO seminar, you'll get actionable, no-cost strategies to collect the maximum quantity of email addresses and the tricks for keeping typos, errors, and bogus entries out of your database. We'll show you how to put these tips into action as well as how to effectively utilize third-party services to support your email efforts.
- MarketingProfs University: The Blueprint for Email Marketing SuccessBroadcast on 10/8/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the components of a successful email marketing plan and gain an understanding of the rationale behind the must-have message types, hierarchies, and priorities. You'll leave with a blueprint that will enable you to effectively map and improve your own messaging.
- Hooked: How to Create Addictive Content for Your BrandBroadcast on 4/16/2015 with Andrew DavisIn this PRO seminar, Andrew Davis will discuss six simple secrets to create a hook—a twist on a familiar theme designed to catch and keep your audience's attention. He'll share personal lessons learned that you can apply to your content strategy and teach you the A-to-Zs to building your list, driving new revenue, and solidifying a true relationship with an ever-growing fanbase.
- Leverage Email for B2B: Tips for Each Stage of the Sales FunnelBroadcast on 3/26/2015 with Karen TalaveraIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn several approaches to integrating email into the lead nurturing, prospect qualification, and customer progression process at every stage of the sales funnel. We'll explore how content marketing is a key component of the process, and why marketing automation and triggered emails are critical to success.
- MarketingProfs University: Customers Trump Analytics—Why Email Marketing Is About People, Not MetricsBroadcast on 12/4/2014 with Michael BarberIn this PRO seminar, we'll cover the latest email trends and research, and dive into specific examples of email branding, acquisition, loyalty, and retention strategies. You'll learn how to maximize the return on your efforts through improved writing techniques, a deeper understanding of user groups and behaviors, and much more!
Email Marketing: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: How to Avoid SpamtrapsReleased on 11/11/2016 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll share an overview of the incredible power of these innocent-looking email addresses. You'll learn what spamtraps are, what they look like, why they exist, and how they may have ended up in your email list. You'll understand the risks of traps and know how to respond if you have the misfortune of hitting them.
- Take 10: Seven Steps to a Successful Re-Engagement CampaignReleased on 9/9/2016 with Meera KothandIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you why a subscriber re-engagement campaign is an important part of your email marketing strategy. We'll share a seven-step process detailing how to set up and launch your re-engagement campaign from scratch. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the different types of winback emails, the order in which to send them, and what to do with inactive subscribers.
- Take 10: Four Ways to Increase Your Email Clickthrough RatesReleased on 1/8/2016 with Stephan HovnanianIn just 10 minutes, we'll cover four design and copy techniques that will get your subscribers to take action. We'll also show you how to measure the lift they give your campaigns.
- Take 10: Reduce Your Email Bounce RateReleased on 12/11/2015 with Austin BlissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to reduce your email bounce rate for a fraction of the cost of replacing names. We'll share easy-to-use strategies that you can apply right away to help you reconnect with lost customers.
- Take 10: Shed Light on Email Traffic With Google AnalyticsReleased on 10/2/2015 with Michele KissIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to use campaign tracking to keep email traffic out of the dreaded "Direct Traffic" bucket in Google Analytics. You'll learn what reports and features you should use to better understand your site visitors and how to measure performance based on your own email goals.
- Take 10: Email Marketing Strategies—Out With the Old, In With the NewReleased on 5/15/2015 with Christina IngeIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to align your email efforts with changing technology, increase open and click through rates, and grow your email ROI. We'll show you how to create a whole new life for your emails by sweeping away dusty, outdated practices.
- Take 10: Crafting Killer Subject Lines—Seven Techniques Your Target Can't ResistReleased on 3/6/2015 with Nancy HarhutIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you how to craft killer subject lines that will ensure your emails get opened. You'll learn how to master seven subject line techniques that will instantly increase your open and read rates.
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: Three Principles That Will Increase Your Email Marketing ConversionsReleased on 2/28/2014 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, you'll discover strategies you can implement immediately to make a noticeable difference in the success of your email marketing campaigns.
- Take 10: Email Design for the Mobile Customer and Multi-Device WorldReleased on 1/10/2014 with Tim WatsonIn just 10 minutes, you’ll learn best practices and approaches for email design in a mobile, multi-device world.
Email Marketing: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Email Essentials: Gmail Tricks of the TradeThis 39-page guide explains how to master Gmail. In it, you'll learn which steps to take to ensure that every one of your messages makes it into the inbox (or perhaps even into the esteemed "Primary" tab), how to establish lasting trust with both Gmail and its billion-strong user base, and how to push your Gmail marketing results to the next level.
- Email Essentials: Chief Strategies for Maximizing Click RatesThis 32-page guide will teach you how to optimize your email efforts to maximize your clickthrough rates. You'll walk away ready to tackle your next email campaign!
- A Step-By-Step Guide to Marketing Automation SuccessIn this 24-page guide, you'll learn step-by-step what to do to effectively plan, prepare, implement, assess, and improve your marketing automation program for optimal results.
- Email Essentials: The Keys to Increasing Open RatesIn this 24-page guide, we begin by introducing email open rates, current industry averages, and ways to maximize your data accuracy. Then, we delve into six key factors that greatly impact email opens and offer various tips for improving your efforts in these areas.
- Social Media Integration Success StoriesTwitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. While these social media tools are all effective on their own, they work best when part of other marketing programs. See how 10 companies have maximized results by integrating social media into traditional marketing efforts.
- Slowpoke's Guide to Digital MarketingFeel like the digital marketing race began without you? Don't worry—you can still catch up to the social media superstars. The Slowpoke's Guide to Digital Marketing puts rocket fuel in your engine to propel your digital marketing campaigns.
- Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelopePropel your email marketing efforts beyond the subject line. Read Email Success Stories: How 11 companies are pushing the (electronic) envelope to learn how to convert your emails into money-making machines.
- B2B Marketing in 2009: Trends in Strategies and SpendingGet the truth about B2B marketing in a tough economy from people who know the business best—B2B marketers themselves. Our special report, B2B Marketing in 2009, provides the most current research on trends in strategies and spending, and how they affect your business.
- The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the ElectionWant to create a veritable army of customer-advocates to champion your brand? The Obama Playbook: How Digital Marketing and Social Media Won the Election shows you how the Obama campaign masterfully used new media to build awareness, engage prospects, and start a movement. It takes you step-by-step through the new media strategies of the campaign and provides actionable guidance on how you can modify each to benefit your business. Both entertaining and useful, it's an invaluable resource for the savvy marketer who wants to take full advantage of the amazing powers of new media.
- Email Marketing Benchmark Report 2008This 150-page Email Benchmark Report 2008 was developed by surveying our very own MarketingProfs members. Find out what the competition is doing so your 2009 email marketing budget makes sense!