Mobile local search is growing at unprecedented levels: 77.1 million mobile subscribers accessed local content* via mobile devices in January 2011, up 34% from the 57.6 million who did so one year earlier, according to a report by the Local Search Association (LSA).
The use of mobile apps to access local content grew most dramatically: 56% of surveyed mobile subscribers used apps to access local content in January, up 14 percentage points (PPs) (or 34%) from the 42% who did so a year earlier.
Even so, browsers are still the most popular way to find local content via mobile: 73% of mobile subscribers found local business information via the mobile Web in January, though that number was down slightly (2 PPs) from 75% in January 2010.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic
- SEO vs. PPC: Which Search Marketing Strategy Should You Choose? [Infographic]
- Four Ways to Prepare for Voice Commerce
- The Top Google Search Rank Factors According to SEO Experts
- Seven Simple (and Free) Keyword Research Tools Every Marketer Should Try