Spending growth eased slightly during the second quarter, reaching $36.5 billion, up 2.8% from a year earlier.
In terms of growth, the top media categories in 1H11 were Spanish-language magazines, up 29.0% from 2010 levels, national TV syndication (up 18.5%), Internet display ads (up 12.9%), and cable TV (up 11.8%). B2B magazine revenue grew 1.4% in the first half.
"Advertising grew at a slower rate in the second quarter, contributing to speculation about the durability of an advertising recovery that is into its second year," said Jon Swallen, SVP Research at Kantar Media North America. "Key ad spend indicators are painting a mixed picture. On one hand, a majority of media types actually improved their performance from Q1 to Q2."
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Common Campaign Management Mistakes Agencies Make
- The Anatomy and Current State of Programmatic Advertising [Infographic]
- Five Simple Programmatic Strategies to Drive More Leads
- Advertising During the COVID-19 Outbreak: What Audiences Want
- Going Beyond Google to Gain New Customers With Search Advertising