Though more than nine in ten Facebook users (93%) click on a Facebook “like” button at least once a month, their motivations for doing so vary considerably by age and context, according to a new study by ExactTarget and CoTweet.
Nearly two-thirds of Facebook users surveyed say they "like" at least one brand on Facebook; among them, the top like-related activities performed at least monthly include the following:
- Like an item posted by a friend on Facebook: 74%
- Social bookmarking (clicking the "like" button from an external website): 52%
- Like a brand's Facebook page: 45%
- Like an item posted by a brand on Facebook: 44%
Below, additional findings from the titled "The Meaning of Like," the latest in ExactTarget's Subscribers, Fans and Followers research series.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)