Though more than nine in ten Facebook users (93%) click on a Facebook “like” button at least once a month, their motivations for doing so vary considerably by age and context, according to a new study by ExactTarget and CoTweet.
Nearly two-thirds of Facebook users surveyed say they "like" at least one brand on Facebook; among them, the top like-related activities performed at least monthly include the following:
- Like an item posted by a friend on Facebook: 74%
- Social bookmarking (clicking the "like" button from an external website): 52%
- Like a brand's Facebook page: 45%
- Like an item posted by a brand on Facebook: 44%
Below, additional findings from the titled "The Meaning of Like," the latest in ExactTarget's Subscribers, Fans and Followers research series.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect