Customer Behavior: How-to articles covering the latest marketing tactics, tips, and strategies.
The 10 Industries Most Distrusted by US ConsumersAyaz NanjiThe oil/petroleum and marketing/advertising industries are the most distrusted by consumers in the United States, according to recent research from HaloCigs.
Why Consumers Use E-Commerce AppsAyaz NanjiConsumers use e-commerce mobile apps mostly to receive deals/offers, for the flexibility to buy anytime, and to compare prices, according to recent research from Clutch.
When and Where Consumers Use Search Engines to Find Local BusinessesAyaz NanjiConsumers searching online for local businesses typically plan to visit/book an appointment within the next two days, according to recent research from Review Trackers.
Is Brand Loyalty Dead? [Infographic]Laura ForerBrand loyalty has changed over the decades. It's no longer as straightforward as having the best product or a great rewards program—but that's not a bad thing, says today's infographic, ...
The Preferences of Millennial B2B BuyersAyaz NanjiSome 82% of B2B buying committees now include at least one Millennial employee, according to recent research from SnapApp and Heinz Marketing.
The Most-Deleted and Least-Used Mobile Apps [Infographic]Ayaz NanjiFitness/health and productivity mobile apps are the most deleted types of programs from consumers' smartphones, according to recent research from alligatortek.
These Six Nonprofit Strategies Will Supercharge Your For-Profit BusinessRoger SametzTo survive and thrive, nonprofits have had to develop approaches and skills that for-profits can also use to improve their competitive position, customer relations, and long-term health and value.
The Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How of Ad-Blocking [Infographic]Laura ForerGoogle is releasing its own ad blocker for Chrome in 2018. What does that mean for marketers? The ad-blocking phenomenon is complex and can put a crimp in your ad ...
Print: A Tangible Way to Invigorate Your Marketing Strategy [Infographic]Laura ForerPrint is dead, right? Not so, says an infographic that explains how people respond to print versus digital media. Turns out... print can give your marketing an edge.
SMS Is on the Rise for Business: Trends and Stats [Infographic]Laura ForerSMS messages have much better response rates than email, but some brands have been hesitant to get on board. Things are changing, though. To see whether SMS messaging is right ...
Customer Behavior: Podcasts containing in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life.
How to Become Hyper-Relevant—Build a 'Free Range' Brand: Nicole Ertas on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneMany once-dominant brands find it tough to stay relevant today. Brand strategist Nicole Ertas offers tips for building a "free range" brand that reaches various types of buyers. She also discusses new buyer archetypes and how to appeal to each ...
Why People Do the Darnedest Things: 'Invisible Influence' Author Jonah Berger on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBest-selling author Jonah Berger explains the hidden forces that shape people's behavior and shares insights from his latest book, Invisible Influence.
Forget Big Data, the Future Is in 'Small Data': Author Martin Lindstrom on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneBranding expert, speaker, and best-selling author Martin Lindstrom discusses his unique brand of in-depth consumer research, and shares insights from his latest book, Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends.
What Makes Buyers Tick: Dr. Carl Marci of Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneSecrets for sussing out what truly drives buying decisions and brand loyalty, courtesy of Dr. Carl Marci, chief neuroscientist at Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience and co-founder of Innerscope Research.
You Don't Market, You Create Reactions: Jon Taffer of Spike TV's 'Bar Rescue' on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneJon Taffer, host of Spike TV's "Bar Rescue," rocks Marketing Smarts, sharing insights about branding and promotion based on his 30 years of experience making bars and restaurants profitable.
Marketing That Surprises: A Special Guest Host Takes Over Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneIn line with the theme of this episode—marketing that surprises—as well as the day it airs (April Fools' Day), a surprise host takes over Marketing Smarts to discuss campaigns that surprise and (sometimes) delight!
The Mobile Commerce Revolution: Tim Hayden Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneTim Hayden, co-author of the forthcoming book The Mobile Commerce Revolution, shares insights into consumer behavior, how mobile affects that behavior, and how marketers can embrace the seismic shift that mobile represents.
Presentations: 'Show and Tell' Author Dan Roam Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneShow and Tell author Dan Roam explains a new way to craft presentations that will grab (and keep) your audience's attention and inspire them to take action.
What's the Future of Business? Author Brian Solis Talks to Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Kerry O'Shea GorgoneProviding the best product won't be enough to carry your business into the future: You need to create experiences your customers want to share. Author Brian Solis discusses the need for innovative leadership, the new generation of consumerism, and his ...
How to Build a Testing Culture: Justin Rondeau of Which Test Won on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]by Matthew GrantTesting your online campaigns, landing pages, forms, website, and so on can't be an every-now-and-again thing. Testing must be iterative and ongoing if it is to produce results. Which means, among other things, that your organization must institute a culture ...
Customer Behavior: Online seminar broadcasts from the best minds in marketing
- How a Well-Run Customer Advisory Board Can Help Your Company Collect Corporate and Product Feedback to Expand RevenueBroadcast on 3/16/2017 with Eyal Danon, Gavin NathanIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn the essential elements for creating and managing a world-class CAB program. You'll learn how to set up a customer advisory board, how to run effective in-person and remote meetings, and how to turn those meeting insights into actions that will help you retain customers and positively impact your bottom line.
- Hug Your HatersBroadcast on 1/12/2017 with Jay BaerIn this PRO seminar, you'll find out why you need to hug your haters and embrace complaints. We'll share specific frameworks for answering them, tips on how to handle trolls, why you need to answer every complaint, in every channel, every time, and more. You'll leave with actionable advice and tactics to keep your customers and grow your business.
- Content, Conversions, and Lead GenerationBroadcast on 2/4/2016 with Andy CrestodinaIn this PRO seminar, we'll analyze the birth of a lead, and deconstruct each page in the process, along with each stage in the funnel. We'll cover how content impacts the conversion funnel, from high-ranking blog posts to thank you pages. Plus, you'll learn which topics and types of content attract and engage visitors.
- Algorhythm—The Pulse and Future of BrandsBroadcast on 1/14/2016 with Mitch JoelIn this PRO seminar, Mitch Joel will explain why B2B marketers need to be aware of the new consumer-centric landscape. You'll learn how to successfully market B2B products by tapping into your own buying habits. Mitch will show how the world continues to change and challenge brands like never before.
- How to Develop Effective Content for Each Stage of the Buying JourneyBroadcast on 3/13/2014 with Shelly KramerThis PRO seminar will provide you with a solid understanding of how to develop the kind of content you need to propel your buyers along a path to purchase. You'll also learn how you can create content to retain these customers for a long time to come.
- The Psychology of Email Response: Persuasive Tactics for Increasing Engagement and ConversionBroadcast on 2/6/2014 with Karen TalaveraThis PRO seminar will unearth the root of what motivates people to action and how we can leverage this knowledge to improve email marketing results.
- Content Marketing Trends to Kick-Start Your Communications PlanBroadcast on 1/16/2014 with Gini DietrichIn this PRO seminar, you'll learn how to give your communications plan a kick-start. Join us to draw inspiration from the best approaches and tactics in content marketing today.
- Take on the World: Compete Globally with Customer Experience ManagementBroadcast on 10/17/2013 with Liz HighThis PRO seminar is not just relevant for the global marketer, as you'll also learn how customer experience innovation in one market propels a company's competitiveness and growth across the globe.
- MarketingProfs University: Seven Ways to Revive Your Marketing Strategy with Social MediaBroadcast on 10/10/2013 with Connie BensenThis PRO seminar will illuminate the potential business return of social engagement and outline content marketing best practices. You'll hear success stories that will inspire you to take steps to successfully integrate social media marketing into your larger business strategy.
- Leveraging Data-Based Marketing to Find and Win the Invisible SaleBroadcast on 9/26/2013 with Tom MartinIn this PRO seminar, you will learn how to counter this new reality. We will discuss a detailed strategic and tactical framework that you can use to help these invisible buyers create trackable online buying signals that your sales teams can leverage to shorten the sales cycle and improve conversion rates.
Customer Behavior: Tutorials — tactical marketing know-how in just 10 minutes from subject matter experts
- Take 10: Seven Steps to a Successful Re-Engagement CampaignReleased on 9/9/2016 with Meera KothandIn just 10 minutes, we'll show you why a subscriber re-engagement campaign is an important part of your email marketing strategy. We'll share a seven-step process detailing how to set up and launch your re-engagement campaign from scratch. You'll leave with a thorough understanding of the different types of winback emails, the order in which to send them, and what to do with inactive subscribers.
- Take 10: Three Steps for Using Influencer Video to Increase Your Bottom LineReleased on 8/7/2015 with Mark LernerIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn three simple steps to source quality influencer video and use it to impact your bottom line in a meaningful and measurable way. Using these steps, you'll be able to implement a strategy that will help you reach your goals and give you a leg up on the competition.
- Take 10: How to Create Calls-to-Action That Drive ConversionsReleased on 2/20/2015 with Kath PayIn just 10 minutes, we'll reveal the secrets to creating a call-to-action that encourages the action you're after—whether it's downloads, sign-ups or sales. We'll discuss how to integrate your CTAS into your email program and how to make your CTAs appeal to your customers and prospects without being too pushy.
- Take 10: Three Simple Steps to Identify Your Buyer PersonasReleased on 3/28/2014 with Jon-Mikel BaileyIn just 10 minutes, we'll take a look at some fun and effective ways to gain a deeper understanding of your audience (a.k.a. your "buyer personas"), and together, we will learn how to develop yours!
- Take 10: Email Design for the Mobile Customer and Multi-Device WorldReleased on 1/10/2014 with Tim WatsonIn just 10 minutes, you’ll learn best practices and approaches for email design in a mobile, multi-device world.
- Take 10: Craft the Perfect Call to ActionReleased on 12/13/2013 with Lois BrayfieldIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn how to strategically create a call to action your customers will care about and will pay attention to.
- Take 10: Appealing to the Ego to Get Great ContentReleased on 11/1/2013 with Ian GreenleighIn just 10 minutes, we'll discuss four proven ways to create powerful "ego cycles" by accessing the egos of influencers and of your target audience.
- Take 10: Zero in on Your Audience to Improve Email Opens, Clicks, and ROIReleased on 8/23/2013 with Reggie BradyIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six ways to segment your customers. You'll learn how to make your emails more relevant to your audience and improve your opens, clicks, and overall ROI.
- Take 10: Striking The Balance Between Merchandising and Branding for Your Ecommerce WebsiteReleased on 6/7/2013 with Brent NiemuthIn just 10 minutes, learn how to appeal to basic human instincts and create an online experience that will delight anyone who visits your site while encouraging sales.
- Take 10: Six Ways to Build a Trusted BrandReleased on 5/10/2013 with John MorganIn just 10 minutes, you'll learn six tips that will help you become a trusted brand with loyal customers!
Customer Behavior: Marketing downloads for the busy professional
- Research Spotlight: TwitterA successful Twitter program requires extensive research on whether your audience is there, what everyone is interested in, and what they're doing. Lucky for you, MarketingProfs has done the work for Research Spotlight: Twitter. Download it now to access close to 70 pages of Twitter research from 30 unique sources.
- Research Spotlight: FacebookResearch Spotlight: Facebook helps you focus on the most popular social network today. Get the research insights you need to create successful Facebook campaigns. Learn who's on Facebook, what they're doing, and how best to reach them.