Although most US companies use social networks—66% have a Facebook page, 51% have a Twitter account, and 44% have a LinkedIn page—only 16% say their social marketing efforts are fully integrated across the organization, according to [pdf] a study by InSites Consulting.
More than one-quarter (27%) of companies are working to integrate social media into their businesses; most, however, say their social marketing efforts are still in the early stages, with marketers taking first steps in implementing social media (23%) or piloting social media (20%).
Fully integrating social media into the organization positively affects companies in three key areas, InSites finds: 1) More effective marketing communications; 2) higher customer satisfaction; and 3) stronger financial returns.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]