Although most US companies use social networks—66% have a Facebook page, 51% have a Twitter account, and 44% have a LinkedIn page—only 16% say their social marketing efforts are fully integrated across the organization, according to [pdf] a study by InSites Consulting.
More than one-quarter (27%) of companies are working to integrate social media into their businesses; most, however, say their social marketing efforts are still in the early stages, with marketers taking first steps in implementing social media (23%) or piloting social media (20%).
Fully integrating social media into the organization positively affects companies in three key areas, InSites finds: 1) More effective marketing communications; 2) higher customer satisfaction; and 3) stronger financial returns.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Types of Influencers for Your Influencer Marketing Campaigns
- On Social Media, a Little Brand Personality Goes a Long Way
- Instagram Stories 101: What Marketers Need to Know [Infographic]
- Using Influencer Marketing on LinkedIn for World Domination (And Brand Awareness): Goldie Chan on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Next Big Influencer Platforms and Trends in Social Media Engagement