Facebook ad spending among clients* of Kenshoo Social grew 109% in the fourth quarter of 2011 over 3Q11 levels, dwarfing the 27% growth recorded in paid-search spending over the same period, according to a report by Kenshoo.
The analysis is based on more than 100 billion ads delivered on Facebook via Kenshoo Social, compared with 400 billion global paid-search ad impressions on search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL, Baidu, and Yandex.
Though some of the reported growth is likely due to seasonality, the trend is notable, and expected to continue in 2012 and beyond, as Facebook's ad ecosystem expands and marketers become savvier, according to Kenshoo.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect