Aside from making phone calls, consuming mobile content is the most popular smartphone activity among owners of smartphones: 93% say they regularly access mobile content and information, while 59% access the Internet and 58% use email, according to a study by the Online Publishers Association (OPA).
Moreover, 68% of surveyed smartphone owners say they "cannot live without" their smartphones.
Below, additional findings from A Portrait of Today's Smartphone User, by the OPA in collaboration with Frank N. Magid Associates, Inc.
Among the smartphone owners surveyed, 48% say they access social networks, 46% listen to music, and 43% play games.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Seven Ways to Catapult Conversion for Mobile
- The Do's and Donâ€™ts of SMS Marketing [Infographic]
- The Time and Cost of Mobile Application Development [Infographic]
- How to Use Mobile Marketing for Your Business [Infographic]
- Why Your Company Needs a Chatbot (and How to Get One): Bot Academy Founder Andrew Warner on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]