People are watching more video content with their mobile devices: The proportion of total time spent watching online video via tablets and smartphones reached 8% at the end of December 2012, double the 4% recorded a year earlier, according to the 2012 Year-End Video Index Report by Ooyala.
Broken out by device, the share of tablet video viewing increased 110% over the one-year period, and the share of mobile online video viewing grew 87%:
Below, additional findings from Ooyala’s 2012 Year-End Video Index Report, which captured the online viewing habits of more than 200 million unique viewers for each month in 2012.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]