Email volume increased 5.4% in the fourth quarter of 2012 vs. the same period a year earlier, though volume levels varied dramatically by industry, according to the Experian Marketing Services 2012 Q4 email benchmark report, which also found that email open rates were on average highest on Saturdays and Sundays.
Below, additional findings from Experian Marketing Services email study, based on campaigns conducted in the fourth quarter of 2012.
The travel industry recorded the largest increase in email volume during the quarter: Two-thirds of travel brands increased mailings, driving email volume up 21.4% YOY. (The category had a similarly large increase in the previous quarter.) Publishers (up 14.3%) and consumer products and services brands (10.4%) also recorded double-digit gains in email volume in 4Q12.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Email Tactics Used by Senders With High Open Rates
- 14 Ways to Use Email Marketing (Besides Sending Newsletters)
- Email Marketing and Artificial Intelligence: What's Coming and What You Need to Know
- 10 Email Subject Line Formulas to Skyrocket Your Open Rate
- Work Email Behavior: Time, Inbox, and Usefulness Trends