Despite much debate over the value of social networks to small business marketing, growing numbers of small business owners view social media as an effective tool, according to a survey from Constant Contact.
Surveyed small businesses report the biggest surge in the effectiveness of LinkedIn and Twitter, among the major social networks.
Overall, 8 in 10 (80%) small business owners say they conduct social media marketing, and among those who do...
- 82% say Facebook is effective for their business, up 7 percentage points (PPs) from the 75% who said so in May 2012.
- 29% say LinkedIn is effective, up 19 PPs from the 10% who said so in May.
- 25% say Twitter is effective, up 18 PPs from the 7% who said so in May.
- 15% say YouTube is effective, up 12 PPs from the 3% who said so in May.
Among small business owners, Pinterest (9%), Yelp (6%), and Google+ (5%) rank lower in business effectiveness.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Timeline of Select Social Media Platforms [Infographic]
- How Effective Is Your Brand on Social Media? Here's How You Can Measure That.
- How to Plan Your Social Media Marketing: Four Tools for Approvals, Workflow, and Collaboration
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019