Nearly four in 10 chief marketing officers (CMOs) say they do not have the right people, tools, and resources to meet their marketing objectives, according to a recent report from Accenture. That's a drop of 5 percentage points in preparedness from levels reported in Accentures' 2011 study.
CMOs also said they found it more difficult in 2012 to improve the efficiency of marketing operations (up 8 percentage points compared with 2011) and to improve their workforce's responsiveness to digital shifts (up 10 percentage points compared with 2011).
The report, Turbulence for the CMO: Charting a Path to the Seamless Customer Experience, was based on a survey of 405 senior marketers from 10 countries.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Nail Positioning, Messaging, and Change Management: Matt Desmier on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Three Steps to Amplify Your Brand Message Beyond the Walls of Your Event
- How to Create a Customer Journey Map to Optimize Your Campaigns
- Ready for 2019 Holiday Season E-Commerce? It's Almost Time... [Infographic]
- Mat Sweezey's List of 103 Marketing Thought Leaders, by Category [Opinion]