Some 67% of top brands are now using Instagram, reaching more than 100 million active monthly users on the network—a 500% increase in users since last year—according to a recent report from Simply Measured.
Although 76% of the Interbrand Top 100 brands maintain Pinterest profiles, while only 67% have Instagram profiles, the collective audience of those brands is under 500,000 on Pinterest and over 7 million on Instagram.
Below, additional findings from the Simply Measured Instagram Study:
Active Brands Are Posting More Photos
- The percentage of top brands that averaged posting a photo a week dipped slightly in 2Q13 compared with 1Q13, but the percentage of brands posting more than 20 photos per month increased to 37%.
- 23% of active Interbrand 100 companies posted on Instagram more than 50 times a month, up from 20% last quarter.
- There have been more than two million likes, comments and shares of top brands' Instagram photos on Facebook in the year since the network brought to photo sharing application.
- In 2Q13, brands saw an average of 337 likes, comments and shares on each Instagram photo that they posted to Facebook.
- Twitter engagement on Instagram photos dropped 29% in 2Q13, in large part because Instagram stopped supporting embedded images on Twitter.
Ayaz Nanji is an independent digital strategist and a co-founder of ICW Content, a marketing agency specializing in content creation for brands and businesses. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. He has worked for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, AOL, and the New York Times.
LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji