Online shopping cart abandonment is usually attributed to unexpected shipping costs and long delivery times. However, the study found high abandonment rates across all verticals—including those where shipping/delivery is not a factor, such as travel.
In fact, the average abandonment rate was even higher in the travel vertical (81%) than in the home retail (74%) and fashion (75%) verticals.
In addition, the send rate (the percent of abandoners whom brands are able to contact) was significantly lower in the travel space, with 90% of abandoners remaining anonymous by not leaving an email trail.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]
- How In-Store Music Affects the Retail Experience [Infographic]