Yahoo sites had 196.5 million unique US visitors in July, compared with 192.2 million for Google. Microsoft sites were third, with 179.5 million visitors, and Facebook was fourth, with 142.2 million.
Those numbers do not factor in mobile traffic, only Web visits. They also do not include search queries.
Below, additional comScore data from July 2013.
- Back-to-school shopping was top of mind for many Americans in July, as seen by a spike in traffic to fashion and accessories sites, as well as consumer goods sites for school supplies.
- Coupon sites also drew a significant increase in traffic.
- Google, driven primarily by video viewing at YouTube, ranked as the top online video content property in July with 167.9 million unique viewers (up 6% since June).
- Facebook was second with 61.3 million unique viewers, followed by AOL with 57.9 million, VEVO with 49.6 million, and Microsoft with 49.6 million.
- Google led the US search market in July with a 67% market share (up 0.3%).
- Microsoft was second with 17.9% of searches, and and Yahoo was third with 11.3%.