Nearly three quarters of people (72%) are more likely to make a future purchase from an SMB after they follow or interact with the business on Twitter, according to a recent report by Market Probe International and Twitter.
Moreover, 82% say they are more likely to recommend an SMB to friends and family after following them on Twitter.
Below, additional key insights from the report, which was based on a survey of 500 people in the US and UK who currently follow small and medium-sized businesses on Twitter.
Why People Follow SMBs
- 73% of survey respondents follow SMBs on Twitter to get updates on future products.
- 63% follow to show support for the businesses.
- 61% follow to interact with SMBs (share ideas, provide feedback).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Best-Practices for B2B Social Media Influencer Marketing
- LinkedIn Stories Is Almost Here: Will It Reinvent the B2B Social Media Landscape?
- Social Media Staffing: Employee, Agency, or Consultant? The Pros and Cons of Hiring Each.
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things