Digital marketers do not believe that the most commonly used tactics for acquiring Facebook fans and Twitter followers are very effective in delivering quality community and audience members, according to a recent report from ExactTarget.
In the case of Facebook, the two most popular tactics are (1) displaying a Facebook Like button or link on a website (93% use them, but only 46% rate them as effective), and (2) including a Like button or link to a Facebook Page in emails/newsletters (70% use, 35% rate effective).
The report was based on data from a survey of 395 digital marketers mainly from the United States. Respondents were asked to first identify the tactics they use to grow their Facebook and Twitter fan bases and then to rate how effective they consider those methods are in producing quality audience members. The survey also polled marketers on the effectiveness of email acquisition tactics.
Effective Facebook Tactics
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- What Consumers Want From Brands: Transparency on Social Media
- New and Exciting Ways Brands Are Using AI on Social Media
- Blog and Social Media Use by Fortune 500 Companies in 2018
- Never Miss a Step in Your Social Media Marketing Schedule [Checklist]
- Why and How You Should Use Instagram's IGTV to Improve Your Social Media Video Strategy