Digital marketers do not believe that the most commonly used tactics for acquiring Facebook fans and Twitter followers are very effective in delivering quality community and audience members, according to a recent report from ExactTarget.
In the case of Facebook, the two most popular tactics are (1) displaying a Facebook Like button or link on a website (93% use them, but only 46% rate them as effective), and (2) including a Like button or link to a Facebook Page in emails/newsletters (70% use, 35% rate effective).
The report was based on data from a survey of 395 digital marketers mainly from the United States. Respondents were asked to first identify the tactics they use to grow their Facebook and Twitter fan bases and then to rate how effective they consider those methods are in producing quality audience members. The survey also polled marketers on the effectiveness of email acquisition tactics.
Effective Facebook Tactics
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Micro-Influencer Trends: Platform, Format, and Compensation Preferences
- Do Consumers Think Instagram Should Hide Likes?
- Social Video in 2020: The Viewpoints of Marketers and Consumers [2 Infographics]
- Ethics and Social Media Influencers: What Consumers Expect
- A Detailed LinkedIn Guide for Small Businesses [Infographic]