This April Only: Save 30% on PRO with code ROCKETSCIENCE »

Real-World Education for Modern Marketers

Join Over 624,000 Marketing Professionals

Start here!
N E X T
Text:  A A

The Top Digital Priorities for Marketers in 2014

by   |    |  4,295 views

Increasing conversion rates is a top digital priority for 47% of marketers in 2014, according to a recent report by ExactTarget.

The survey of over 2,500 global marketers found that increasing/improving brand awareness (46% of respondents) and collecting/measuring/using behavior-based data (29%) are also major digital marketing to-dos in the year ahead.

Acquiring new subscribers (28% of respondents) and improving channels (24%) were the next most commonly cited priorities.

Below, additional key findings from the survey.


Digital Budgets on the Rise

  • 98% of marketers surveyed plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing budgets for 2014; only 2% plan to decrease their budgets.
  • The five top areas where marketers plan to increase digital spend in 2014 are data and analytics (61% plan to increase), marketing automation (61%), email marketing (58%), social media marketing (57%), and content management (57%).

Measures of Success

The top three metrics that marketers will use to judge digital success in the year ahead are conversion rates (67% of respondents), engagement rates (64%), and return on investment (61%).

Email

  • 68% of marketers surveyed say email marketing is core to their business.
  • 88% believe that email marketing does or will produce ROI.
  • 41% of respondents say 31-50% of subscribers open their emails via a mobile device, and 24% report that their emails are opened on a mobile device more than 51% of the time.

Social Media

  • Just 34% of marketers surveyed say they are seeing ROI from social media marketing, but 52% believe their social media efforts will eventually produce ROI.
  • Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn were the most popular social channels among respondents in 2013.
  • Google+ has the highest planned adoption rate in 2014 (18% of respondents plan to introduce).

About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 2,651 global marketers conducted between October and November 2013.


Join over 624,000 marketing professionals, and gain access to thousands of marketing resources! Don't worry ... it's FREE!

WANT TO READ MORE?
SIGN UP TODAY ... IT'S FREE!

We will never sell or rent your email address to anyone. We value your privacy. (We hate spam as much as you do.) See our privacy policy.

Sign in with one of your preferred accounts below:

Loading...

Ayaz Nanji is a digital strategy and content consultant. He is also a research writer for MarketingProfs. His experience includes working as a strategist and producer of digital content for Google/YouTube, the Travel Channel, and AOL.

LinkedIn: Ayaz Nanji

Twitter: @ayaznanji

Rate this  

Overall rating

  • Not rated yet.

Add a Comment

Comments

  • by Gracious Store Wed Jan 8, 2014 via web

    I'm surprised that increase in conversion rate is the top priority of only 47% marketers you surveyed, does it mean that the other 53% have perfect, 100% conversion rate that they do not consider it as their main priority? .

  • by Robin williams Thu Jan 9, 2014 via web

    t is Good to know that "98% of marketers surveyed plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing budgets for 2014; only 2% plan to decrease their budgets". World is going to digitalize soon.

MarketingProfs uses single
sign-on with Facebook, Twitter, Google and others to make subscribing and signing in easier for you. That's it, and nothing more! Rest assured that MarketingProfs: Your data is secure with MarketingProfs SocialSafe!