Image posts were found to outperform all other post types—links, videos, text-only status updates—on brand pages with small (1-99,999), medium (100,000-999,999), and large (1M+) fan bases.
However, the difference in engagement was especially noticeable on large brand pages (1M+), with photo posts getting 2,199 interactions (comments, likes, etc.) on average, compared with 1,805 for videos, 777 for links, and 473 for text-only status updates.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 21 Instagram Stats Every E-Commerce Brand Should Know [Infographic]
- Five Things Micro-Influencers Want Brands to Understand in 2019
- Get Started on Your Social Media Plan (Because It Matters to Your Customer Marketing)
- Instagram Benchmarks for Brands: Engagement, Hashtag, and Emoji Trends
- Facebook Reactions, Shares, and Comments: A 2018 Year in Review [Infographic]