However, that percentage varies significantly by company size, with the smallest companies (fewer than 50 employees) least likely to have a documented marketing plan (only 56% reported having one for 2013) and the largest (1,001-5,000 employees) most likely to have one (81% reported having one).
Having a documented marketing plan seemed to be linked to overall satisfaction with a company's marketing team, Marketo found in its analysis: Over three-quarters (77%) of respondents who were extremely satisfied with their marketing team had documented marketing plans.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- A Seven-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Marketing Plan [Infographic]
- Two Great Tactics That Work Great Together, B2B Social Selling and ABM: LinkedIn's Ty Heath on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The State of Conversational Marketing: Online Customer Experience, Chatbots, Trends
- CDPs, DMPs, CRMs... Oh My! Which Data Solution Is Right for You? (A Guide for Marketers)
- Your 2020 Marketing Plan the Kondo Way (Or How to Avoid CMO FOMO)