More than half of US consumers (59%) say their television set is being transformed into an overgrown monitor for viewing content they select from an online device, according to a recent report from Adroit Digital.
Men and young adults are significantly more likely to say so than women or older adults: 69% of men surveyed agree that their TV set is becoming a big monitor to display digital on-demand content, compared with 51% of women. Also, 63% of people age 18-24 agree, compared with only 47% of people age 45+.
Over one-third of consumers surveyed (36%) say more than half of their video consumption is now on-demand as opposed to live broadcast television, and 13% say they watch more than 75% of their video content on-demand.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]