What makes an image go viral? Which emotions inspire viewing and sharing? Are people of different ages and genders motivated to share by different factors?
Fractl, a digital agency, recently set out to tackle those questions by examining how people react to a set of currently popular images.
The researchers took 50 of the top 100 images from Imgur.com over a three-month period, as voted on Reddit.com, and surveyed 800 people age 18-54 to to find out which emotions each image evoked. The responses were then categorized using Robert Plutchik's Wheel of Emotions, schema.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age