The survey of 546 SMBs (defined in the report as companies with 1 to 99 employees) found businesses spent 21.4% of their total media budgets on average on social media in the past 12 months.
Three-quarters (74.5%) of SMBs reported using social media to promote their businesses in some way in the past year—again, more than any other category of media.
The report was based on data from the Local Commerce Monitor—an ongoing survey of SMBs in the United States that tracks 35 different channels used for advertising and promotion. The media/platforms examined include online, traditional, mobile, local coupons, social, video, broadcast, local directories, giveaway items, and community sponsorships.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Eight Practical Yet Powerful KPIs for Measuring Influencer Performance
- Facebook Image Sizes and Dimensions Cheat Sheet [Infographic]
- How to Set Up and Use Your Small Business Instagram Profile [Infographic]
- 15 Tips and 9 Tools to Boost Your Instagram Video Marketing
- The Value in Going Viral (And Five Steps to Improve Your Odds)