Companies are attracting an increasing number of consumers on Twitter, with brands recording an average of 43% increase in followers last year, according to a recent report from ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
Four industries in particular significantly increased followers in 2013: technology and manufacturing (up 93%), retail and e-commerce (75%), CPG (55%), and financial services (55%).
Below, key findings from the report, which was based on data from 3.6 million tweets (paid and organic) sent in 2013 by companies in 15 industries.
Engagement Rates by Industry
- Consumers across all the examined industries gravitate toward tweets that include photos.
- Tweets containing photos receive 3.3 replies on average, compared with 1.7 replies on average for non-photo tweets.
- On average, nine consumers retweet a photo tweet compared with five for a non-photo tweet.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How COVID-19 Is Impacting Social Media Ad Rates and Engagement
- Before Implementing an Employee Advocacy Program, Do These Three Things
- Influencer Marketing Strategy in 2020: What You Need to Know [2 Infographics]
- How the Fastest-Growing US Companies Are Using Social Media
- Seven Social Media Content Trends for 2020 and Beyond [Infographic]