Mobile advertising has also been a top priority for retailers, with 32% of marketers surveyed saying they have spent more on the channel this year compared with last.
Email marketing has been popular as well, with 31% of respondents saying they have spent more on the tactic this year.
Marketing channels with a significant decline in investment by retailers this year include: Display advertising (28% spent less), content marketing (28%), and paid search (24%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Building a Brand and Giving Back: Country Star Jimmy Charles on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- How to Heat Up Marketing Impact With Data-Driven Personas
- What Online Shoppers Want--and How You Can Provide It [Infographic]
- Five Tips for Retailers to Win at Marketing in a Booming Economy
- 10 Steps to Set Up Your ABM Program, and 10 Mistakes to Avoid