The ad had nearly six million global shares on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs since its launch in May, making it not only the most shared ad of 2014 but also the most shared of all-time. Volkswagen's 2011 spot "The Force," which aired during that year's Super Bowl, had been the previous most-shared ad ever.
Other soccer ads were also among the most shared this year, including Nike's "The Last Game" (3rd) and "Winner Stays" (8th), and Castrol’s "Footkhana: Neymar Jr. v Ken Block" (11th).
Only one Super Bowl ad, Budweiser's "Puppy Love" (4th), and one Winter Olympics ad, P&G's "Pick Them Back Up" (19th), were among the 20 most shared ads of 2014.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Steps to Take Before You Launch a Digital Marketing Campaign
- Context Is Everything: Language and Voice in Marketing Messaging [Video]
- Going Hyper-Local: How Sponsoring an Event Can Grow Your Business [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Ace This Holiday Season With Search Ads
- The Most Effective PPC Ad Channels