More than one-third (38%) of marketers plan to shift spend from traditional advertising to digital advertising in 2015, with more B2C marketers (42%) planning to move spend to digital than B2B marketers (34%).
The top 5 digital areas marketers plan to allocate more budget on are social media advertising (70% plan to increase spend), social media marketing (70%), social media engagement (67%), location-based mobile tracking (67%), and mobile applications (66%).
Below, additional key findings from the report, which was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 of 5,053 marketers from around the world (56% B2C-focused; 44%, B2B).
Channels and Strategies
- Corporate websites, social media, and SEO/SEM are the most used digital channels/strategies by the marketers surveyed.
- Email marketing, social media advertising, and social media listening are rated as the most effective channels/strategies.
- 32% of marketers say revenue growth is a top metric used to gauge marketing success.
- 30% say customer satisfaction is one of their top metrics.
Some 27% of marketers surveyed rank new business development, generating quality leads, and remaining current with marketing trends among their top 3 most pressing business challenges.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey conducted in October and November 2014 of 5,053 marketers from around the world (56% B2C-focused; 44% B2B).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Four Successful Ways to Combine Inbound and Outbound Marketing
- The 'Purpose Gap' Facing Many B2B Brands
- The Ultimate Guide to Coming Up With Useful Ideas
- Four Marketing Approaches That Differentiate Successful B2B Brands
- Close the Marketing Performance Gap: How to Start Delivering on the Most Important Metrics