The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector. Most respondent (84%) say they invest some budget in analytics.
Most B2B marketers (85%) say they are able to use their organization’s analytics data to measure digital marketing effectiveness, and 65% say analytics has helped increase their organization’s sales revenue by more than 10%.
Email is the most tracked B2B digital marketing tactic (100% of respondents who use the tactic measure effectiveness), followed by content marketing (86%).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 89% of respondents say they use analytics to improve marketing performance.
- 73% use analytics to gain better visibility into the sales funnel.
- 82% of B2B marketers surveyed say they look for a cross-channel view of results when evaluating marketing analytics tools/technologies.
- 68% say predictive and prescriptive analytics is an important capability.
Tools and Technologies
- 77% of respondents use analytics dashboards.
- 73% use spreadsheets to track metrics.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 328 senior B2B marketing executives, three-quarters of whom work for companies in the technology sector.