The report was based on data for 650,000 businesses and organizations in 11 verticals that use Formstack's technology.
The researchers examined conversion rates—the percentage of all visitors who successfully submit information via forms—for seven types of forms: event registration, order/payment, contact, survey, donation, contest, and lead generation.
Contest forms have the highest average conversion rate, with 35% of all visitors successfully completing the submission process.
Contact forms have the lowest average conversion rate, just 1%.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
Surveys tend to be the longest form type: Businesses include 22 fields, on average, for visitors to complete. Contact forms tend to be the shortest, including only four fields, on average.
Average Conversion Rate by Vertical
Religious organizations have the highest average conversion rate of the 11 verticals examined (20% of forms of all types are submitted successfully); healthcare businesses have the lowest average conversion rate (9%).
About the research: The report was based on data for 650,000 businesses and organizations in 11 verticals that use Formstack's technology.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Three Best-Practices to Align Web Development With SEO
- Median and Average Landing Page Conversion Rates for 16 Industries
- Your Guide to Incredible Landing Pages: 5 Must-Have Elements, 10 Great Examples, 5 Best-Practices
- The Challenges That Product Experience Management (PXM) Can Solve
- The Ultimate Contact Form Checklist and Guide for 2020 [Infographic]