The report was based a survey of 6,186 Americans conducted in February 2015. Additional data came from from Neustar's PlatformOne, which includes anonymized transaction information from 220 million US adults.
Two-thirds of respondents say they are expecting a refund this year.
Of those Americans who plan to spend their refund rather than save it, 39% say they will pay down debt, 25% will use the money for daily expenses, 13% will splurge on a vacation, and 11% plan to make a major purchase on something like a television or car.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Marketing Beyond Millennials: Connecting With Generation Z
- Brands Teens Like: Top Clothing, Social Media, and Video Brands [Infographic]
- The Home Is at the Heart of Commerce Marketing [Infographic]
- How Concerned Are Consumers About Online Privacy?
- Neuroscience and Marketing Storytelling: Context Is Everything [Video]