The report was based a survey of 6,186 Americans conducted in February 2015. Additional data came from from Neustar's PlatformOne, which includes anonymized transaction information from 220 million US adults.
Two-thirds of respondents say they are expecting a refund this year.
Of those Americans who plan to spend their refund rather than save it, 39% say they will pay down debt, 25% will use the money for daily expenses, 13% will splurge on a vacation, and 11% plan to make a major purchase on something like a television or car.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Meet the Parennials (Millennial Parents)
- Super Bowl Viewers: Demographic, Device, and Ad Trends [Infographic]
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends