The report was based on data from an April 2015 survey of 1,000 adults in the United States.
Some 21% of moms would like to receive a massage or spa day for Mother's Day; flowers and a nice meal are the next most-liked gift options (20% each), followed by gift cards (17%), jewelry (14%), and electronics (8%).
Additional findings from the report include the following:
- US adults surveyed plan to spend $120 each, on average, on Mother's Day.
- Women plan to spend about $116, on average, whereas men plan to spend $127.
- People age of 25-34 plan to spend more than any other age group (11% above average).
- People age 45-54 will spend more than any other age group on dinner (8% above average).
- Most US adults surveyed (62%) say they plan to buy flowers for Mother's Day. More men than women (66% vs.58%) plan to buy flowers.