Moreover, 89% of marketers say they can tie their RTM efforts to overall business goals, and 59% say they plan to increase their RTM budget in the year ahead.
The report was based on data from a survey of 200 manager and executive-level real-time marketers at companies with more than $100 million in revenue.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
What Is Real-Time Marketing?
- 49% of respondents say real-time marketing is the ability to respond within minutes to an event.
- 26% say it is the ability to respond within seconds.
Current Response Times
- 93% of marketers say they need to respond to trending social media content more quickly to improve their RTM efforts.
- 26% say they can respond to events within 16-30 minutes; 25% say they can respond within 1-15 minutes.
Real-Time Marketing Tactics
- 62% of respondents say they using marketing automation tactics, such as sending triggered emails, as part of their RTM efforts.
- 58% say they respond to timely news, trends, and events on social media.
Real Time-Marketing Motivations
- 56% of respondents say they are employing real-time marketing to form customer relationships.
- 55% say they are doing so to promote events.
About the research: The report was based on data from a survey of 200 manager and executive-level real-time marketers at companies with more than $100 million in revenue.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Forget B2B and B2C: It's a B2P World Now
- Marketing in the Age of Bad News Blues: Three Ways to Combat Crisis Fatigue
- Event-Industry Professionals' Views on In-Person Events Right Now
- B2B Virtual Events: 12 Ways to Ensure Impact and Drive Topline Growth
- 11 Signs B2B Marketing and Sales Teams Need a CRM [Infographic]