Chief marketing officers (CMOs) say they are expected to simultaneously retain customers, increase brand awareness, improve customer satisfaction, and increase customer profitability, according to a recent report from Oracle Marketing Cloud and the Aberdeen Group.
The report was based on data from a survey of 447 marketers at B2B, B2C, and mixed-model (B2B and B2C) companies from around the world (57% based in the Americas; 29%, EMEA; 14%, APAC).
Some 81% of senior marketers surveyed say retaining customers is one of their top agenda items; increasing brand awareness is the next most common goal (74% cite), followed by improving customer satisfaction (67%) and increasing customer profitability (54%).
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Customer Analytics and Data Privacy Laws: On a Collision Course?
- Three Marketing Mistakes That Are Costing E-Commerce Companies Revenue
- How Mom-and-Pop Shops Can Succeed Against Big Retailers [Infographic]
- Integrating Search and Social: Best-Practices for Cross-Channel Marketing
- Can You Ensure Your Product Launch Isn't a Dud? Yes, Rapid Market-Testing Can Do That