The report was based on data from a September 2015 survey of 1,140 adults living in the United States.
Some 73% of respondents say they plan to research gifts online this year, 66% plan to visit retail stores in person, and 46% plan to simply ask recipients what they want.
As for actually purchasing holiday gifts, 84% of respondents say they'll visit brick-and-mortar retail stores, 78% plan to shop online, and 20% will use a retailers' mobile apps.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Top Factors That Slow B2B Purchases
- How to Use Psychology to Improve Your Digital Marketing Campaigns [Infographic]
- Holiday Planning: How and When to Market for Thanksgiving [Infographic]
- Holiday Shopping Trends for 2018: Consumers' Spend and Gift Plans
- Consumers' Gift Card Preferences in the Digital Age