The report was based on data from a September 2015 survey of 1,140 adults living in the United States.
Some 73% of respondents say they plan to research gifts online this year, 66% plan to visit retail stores in person, and 46% plan to simply ask recipients what they want.
As for actually purchasing holiday gifts, 84% of respondents say they'll visit brick-and-mortar retail stores, 78% plan to shop online, and 20% will use a retailers' mobile apps.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- The Most Annoying Types of People on the Internet [Infographic]
- The Next Decade of E-Commerce: A Shift From Intent to Discovery
- The 2019 Holiday Shopping Season: Spend, Timing, and Channel Trends
- Halloween by the Numbers: 2019 Statistics for Marketers [Infographic]
- Trust and Privacy: Reaching Today's Connected Customers [Infographic]