Most B2B customers look at publicly available information and talk to their personal network before reaching out to a vendor's sales team, according to a report from CEB Marketing Leadership Council and Google.
The report, though current, was based on 2012 data from a survey of more than 1,500 decision-making customers of 22 large B2B organizations across 10 industries.
B2B buyers are already 57% of the way through the purchase decision-making process, on average, before reaching out to vendors' sales representatives, the survey found.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- 16 Planning Tips for Tradeshow Success [Infographic]
- How to Find Your Company's Most Powerful Thought Leaders--and Your Company 'Story'
- How to Make an Effective Testimonial Video: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile for Inbound Sales Inquiries: Get Found by Buyers
- What's Your Post-Tradeshow Plan? Six Tips for a Successful Follow-Up Campaign