Although 66% of marketers rate their personalization efforts as very good or excellent, just 31% of consumers say companies are consistently delivering individualized cross-channel experiences, according to a recent report from SAP Hybris and Forrester Consulting.
The report was based on data from surveys of 1,200 global consumers and 200 advertising and marketing professionals at organizations with 500 or more employees.
Only 16% of the marketers surveyed say their organization is able to capture customer intent and deliver real-time, behavior-based marketing across all channels.
Some 40% of consumers surveyed say most promotions they receive don't deliver anything of interest, and 44% say they receive too many offers.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- Five Segmentation Gaffes (And How to Avoid Them)
- Relationship Marketing and GDPR: Avoiding the Traps of Personalization Data and Targeting Tech
- Six Ways Bad Data Can Cost You, and Five Tips for Cleansing It [Infographic]
- Personalizing Your B2B Marketing to Supercharge Lead Gen: Adobe's Drew Burns on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- Segmentation Models Are Outdated: How to Update Your Marketing Segmentation Practices