The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
The number of freelancers on LinkedIn has increased 43% over the past five years, the analysis found.
After marketing, the most searched for freelance skills by potential employers/clients are accounting, business consulting, design, and software development.
New York is the US city with the most freelancers who have LinkedIn profiles. Los Angeles is second, followed by San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Dallas/Fort Worth.
About the research: The report was based on internal LinkedIn search data from March 2016 as well as profile and geographic data from 2015.
Take the first step (it's free).
You may also like:
- How to Ask Great Questions at Work [Infographic]
- Where the Ninjas Are: US Cities With the Weirdest Job Titles [Infographic]
- Working Brilliantly From Home: Push Mind and Body's Cate Murden on Marketing Smarts [Podcast]
- The Most Essential Skills for Aspiring Marketers
- How to Find Remote Work [Infographic]